Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive, Bath Spa University, 2012-17
- Increased turnover from £50M (2011-12) to over £80M (2017-18), student numbers from 5,500 to 7,500, international students from 1% to 15%, Post Graduate from 6% to 15%
- Oversaw £120M development of teaching and residential accommodation
Net assets grown from £45 to £75 million.
Dean of Arts and Scoial Sciences, City University London, 2009-12
- Restructured 9 departments into 6 with 3000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, 200 PhD students, over 300 staff and joint budget of > £25M
- Streamlined administration saving 20 administrative and 35 academic staff
Dean of Humanities, Macquarie University, 2003-'04 & 2005-09
- Division of 7 departments, 3000 students, 540 research students.
- 3 major university museums, 12 centres and 10 philanthropic foundations.
- Led IRUA network Europe Centre ($A1M EU funding).
- Led EU/AU funded exchange programme of Bachelor of Global Citizenship.
Professor of Media Theory, University of Utrecht, 2004-05
- Managed teaching and research in Institute of 1000 students.
- Led major FP 7 bid, 'Media and Citizenship', €1.25M, involving Utrecht and Paris 3, LSE, Orebro and Bielefeld universities, Reuters, BBC World Trust and Al Jazeera
Head School, Creative Communication, University of Canberra, 2001-03
Managed teaching and research in School of 1000 undergraduate and postgraduate students with a focus on practice based creative research in new media and music
Visiting Professor, Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey ITESM, Mexico, 1999-01
Instituted and established exchanges between ITESM and University of Canberra.
Developed and implemented APEC Ambassador’s seminar series to increase awareness of
APEC issues and organised major festivals and seminars for Australian Embassy